ELEARNING SCHOOL STUDENT PROGRAM RULES AGREEMENT
I have read and agree to abide by the rules presented in Toronto eLearning School’s School Calendar, in particular the rules regarding Attendance, Code of Conduct, Plagiarism and Appropriate Use of Technology found on the webpage of the school at https://torontoelearningschool.com/school-calendar/ and recognize that my failure to follow these rules will result in the consequences implemented according to the School Calendar.
I understand that the following constitutes plagiarism:
- Handing in someone else’s work as my own, in whole or in part
- Copying material from a website or another source
- Using someone else’s words or ideas without properly citing the source
I understand that plagiarism is not allowed in Ontario schools and there will be consequences for committing plagiarism, according to the Toronto eLearning School School Calendar. As such, I agree to hand in assignments that are my work and not anyone else’s for Toronto eLearning School courses I am enrolled in. If I am required to perform research for an assignment that is part of my Toronto eLearning School course, I will cite my sources in a Works Cited page. If I am unsure how to create a Works Cited page, I will ask my Toronto eLearning School teacher.
In addition, I have read and agree to abide by the following policies:
Student Enrollment Policy
Toronto eLearning School Online is self-directed study, meaning there is no set schedule for a student to follow or due dates to complete assignments. The student can start the course after 24 hours of registration and move through at his or her own pace. Students are encouraged to complete their 3-4 courses within 6 months of enrollment, but may apply for an extension of another 3 months ( Additional fees will apply ). The course must be completed within 12 months of enrollment, otherwise he/she will be withdrawn from a registered course.
Remember that students are most successful when they schedule a study timeline to complete their online course within 2 or 3 months.
Toronto eLearning School does not issue refunds. Once enrolled, our administration undertakes many tasks, such as activates the student account, completes the enrollment, contracts the teacher, establishes student files, tracks the enrollment for Ministry purposes, etc. Even if the student does not begin the course, the work in our school is almost completed.
Final Exams are 2 hours long and need to be supervised by an approved Proctor. During my final exam, as soon as my exam is opened and until I submit my exam, I agree to the following:
- I will not use any electronic devices (Cell phone/ Calculator) other than the computer I am using to write the exam.
- I will not copy the exam by screen capture or any other method.
- I will not access any other websites, Toronto eLearning School course pages or software while the exam is open on my computer. Only the exam will be open on my computer, nothing else.
- I will not try to get answers about the exam by looking at my notes, by looking at the web, by having notes written on my hand, pencil case or in other places or by communicating with anyone, including my Proctor.
- My desk area must be clear of all items during the exam. I am allowed to have a pencil, eraser and blank sheets of paper in case I would like to make rough notes during the exam. None of these items may have notes written on them before the exam starts.
- I will not disclose/ reveal the exam materials to any other persons.
If I do not follow the above items, I will be considered as cheating during the exam and my answers in the exam will not be considered valid. As a result, I will receive a mark of zero on a portion of the exam or the entire exam will be given a mark of zero, at the discretion of the Toronto eLearning School Principal. I realize that receiving this consequence for cheating during a final exam may result in my failing the course. I will not receive a refund for failing a course.
I also understand that any continuous failure to abide by the above guidelines may result in dismissal from Toronto eLearning School without refund.